Two Glue Sniffing Teenagers Fall 6 Floors From Apartment; One Dead

The remains of the dead teenager being taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital II for a post mortem. – Photo courtesy of PDRM Kota Kinabalu

By BORNEOTODAY REPORTERS
KOTA KINABALU: A 15-year-old boy died, while his 16-year-old friend was seriously injured, after they fell from the eighth floor of an apartment block here Friday night.

Assistant Commissioner Chandra Muthu, the City police chief said both boys were believed to be sniffing glue before the incident.

The younger youth suffered severe head injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene. The body was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital II for a post mortem.

He said a security guard heard a loud sound at about 9.50pm and found the two boys lying near the lobby area on the second floor of the building.

The guard immediately alerted the police.

Police recovered a can and a plastic bag containing glue at the building.