Penangah Fire Victims Will Get Govt Assistance To Recover From Tragedy

By GM THOMAS
KOTA KINABALU: The Sabah Government will undertake all that is necessary to assist the fire victims of Kampung Batung (also known as Kg Stesen) in Penangah, Kinabatangan whose homes were destroyed on Tuesday, 30 July.

Chief Minister, Datuk Seri Panglima Haji Mohd Shafie bin Haji Apdal said he has instructed his officials to visit the village in order to assess the situation and prepare a list of aid that will be dispatched immediately.

SHAFIE APDAL

He extended his sympathy to the villagers and offered his condolences to the family of Eng Suan King @ John Philip, 63, who died at Klinik Kesihatan Tongod after suffering 90 percent burns.

The Chief Minister remembers the people of Penangah well and their warm welcome to him when he visited the area prior to the 14th General Elections last year.

“My thoughts are with the villagers and my condolences to the family of Eng Suan King. The government will do everything possible to help you all during this difficult time,” he said.

The Sabah Social Welfare Department will provide relief aid in the form of food and water for three days.

Other essentials such as mattresses and blankets as well as infant formula milk have been made available at the temporary shelter.