The improved weather conditions in Sarawak today saw the number of flood victims at temporary evacuation centres continue to drop to 3,780 people so far compared to 4,247 people this morning.
The Sarawak State Disaster Management Committee (JPBN) in its latest report informed that 43 evacuation centres were still operating in six flood-hit districts since Wednesday.
Kuching still recorded the highest number of evacuees at 2,676 people in 31 relief centres, followed by Serian (1,068 people in 10 centres), Samarahan (29 people in one centre) and Miri (seven people in one centre).
In PAHANG, the flood situation that hit five districts is improving as the number of evacuees dropped to 4,872 people from 1,352 families in 62 relief centres this afternoon.
The Disaster Info Portal of the Social Welfare Department informed that Pekan still recorded the highest number of evacuees at 2,772 people followed by Maran (1,111 people), Kuantan (776 people), Bera (178 people) and Temerloh (35 people).
The infobanjir.water.gov.my portal, on the other hand, informed that Sungai Jelai in Lipis and Sungai Pahang in Serambi, Pekan were still recorded to be above the danger level.
In SABAH, heavy rain, especially on the west coast and Sandakan district as of 4 pm, caused the number of flood victims in the state to remain at 183 people from 51 families as this morning.
The Sabah State Disaster Management Committee Secretariat in a statement said that all the evacuees were placed in five relief centres in the three districts of the state, namely Pitas (two), Beaufort (one) and Paitan (two) relief centres.
“As many as 120 villages are still affected and the relevant parties are monitoring the water level in all the affected areas, the weather conditions are still at alert level with the forecast of thunderstorms this afternoon while heavy rain at night in some places,” he said here today.
In JOHOR, the number of evacuees remained at 93 in Segamat and Batu Pahat, placed at two relief centres respectively, namely at Sekolah Agama Gemereh (76 people) and Sekolah Kebangsaan Seri Bunut Parit Raja (17 people), as of 4 pm today.
The Johor State Disaster Management Committee Secretariat informed that the weather conditions in the area was good, however, all the evacuees were not able to return as their homes and the roads to the houses were still flooded.