KOTA KINABALU: Christina Liew, the Sabah PKR chief will contest the Tawau parliamentary seat while defending her Api Api State seat in the 14th general election (GE14).
Sabah PKR will also be contesting in another five parliamentary and eight state seats, with Roland Chia, the Inanam incumbent dropped from the list.
The Moyog State seat, which will be contested by PKR, will see Jennifer Lasimbang, a Parti Warisan Sabah choice, as a candidate.
When it came to Moyog, Christina Liew at a Press conference Wednesday, said they were waiting till Friday to announce the candidate, but a PKR source confirmed that Jennifer was given the nod.
Christina, who is also Sabah Pakatan Harapan chief, said the other parliamentary seats under the PKR flag were Beaufort, Ranau, Tuaran, Putatan, Pensiangan and Tawau.
For the state seats, the party would be contesting in Inanam, Tempasuk, Kadamaian, Karanaan, Matunggong, Tamparuli, Kuala Penyu and Api-Api.
The party would be fielding four female candidates and two young candidates Chrisnadia Sinam, 35, who would be contesting the Tuaran parliamentary seat and Raymond Ahuar, 33, the Pensiangan parliamentary seat.
The incumbent Inanam state assemblyman Dr Roland Chia had decided not to contest, she added.
Following is the full list of candidates:
1. TAWAU – Christina Liew Chin Jin
2. BEAUFORT – Johan @ Christopher OT Ghani
3. RANAU – Jonathan Yasin
4. TUARAN – Chrisnadia Sinam
5. PUTATAN – Awang Husaini Sahari
6. PENSIANGAN – Raymond Ahuar
1. INANAM – Kenny Chua Teck Ho
2. API-API – Christina Liew Chin Jin
3. TEMPASUK – Mustapha Sakmud @ Mohd Yunus Sakmud
4. KADAMAIAN – Lukia Indan
5. KARANAAN – Chong Peck Hing @ Chong Poh Sing
6. MATUNGGONG – Sazalye Donol Abdullah
7. TAMPARULI – Dausil Kundayong
8. KUALA PENYU – Dikin Musah
9. MOYOG – Jennifer Lasimbang