KOTA KINABALU – The Federation of Chinese Associations Sabah (FCAS) is inviting dance lovers in the state to come forward to participate in the Dance Competition organized in conjunction with the 2017 Chinese New Year Carnival at Padang Merdeka, here.
The said competition will be held this coming Jan 25, announced FCAS president Datuk Seri Panglima T.C Goh in a statement issued here today.
“The dance competition is open to all Sabah citizens, regardless of race and age. Each team, comprising at least 6 members, is allowed to perform any form of dance moves up to a maximum of 5 minutes,” he said.
And here are the rules and regulations:
1. Contestants must fill in the application form attached with a 3R/4R color group photo. Each team is only allowed to submit one entry for the contest.
2. Contestants are required to select an appropriate song which must not contain unhealthy elements or involve religion and politics. The Organizer reserves the right to disregard or disqualify, at its absolute discretion, any entries which do not comply with the terms and conditions.
3. Contestants are required to bring their own VCDs or CDs (music track with or without vocals). The organizer is not responsible for any damage or loss of the VCD or CD.
4. The contestants are only allowed to perform their dance for approximately 5 minutes (maximum). Points will be deducted for exceeding the time limit.
5. The Organizer will draw the numbers to determine the sequence of the contestants’ performance.
6. Contestants must report themselves to the Organizer 30 minutes before the competition starts, or else they will not be allowed to perform.
7. The Organizer has the right to amend, postpone or re-schedule the competition or any of the dates thereof at its sole discretion.
8. No registration fees will be imposed.
9. The Organizer reserves the right to modify or substitute the structure of the competition. The Organizer’s decision will be final and no queries and/or appeals will be entertained.
10. LED screen will be provided by the Organizer. Contestants can use their own background during the competition.
11. Entry forms must be submitted on or before 15th January 2017. The competition is only limited to 25 contesting teams.
12. Judging Criteria: Creativity 25% Formation 20% Skills/Difficulty 25% Team Work 30%
Champion: Cash RM1000 + Trophy
1st Runner Up: Cash RM700 + Trophy
2nd Runner Up: Cash RM400 + Trophy
3rd Runner Up: Cash RM300 + Trophy
Fifth Place: Cash RM200 + Trophy
10 Special Prizes: Cash RM100 + Trophy
For further information, please contact Mr. Tan Guan Hock (019-8805448), Mr. William Chin (012-8335509), Ms. Madeleine Lee (012-8023282).