KUCHING: The Sarawak Disaster Management Committee (JPBN) is actively conducting random contact trackings following the death of a senior citizen due to COVID-19, last week.
JPBN chairman Datuk Amar Douglas Uggah Embas (picture) today said 217 preliminary screenings had been done so far in the Stutong community market area, and out of the total, two people were found to have symptoms and 56 samples had been taken.
“Tomorrow, a screening will be held at the Green Road fresh market area while the next areas will be the main markets which will be done in the next two weeks,” he told the COVID-19 daily press conference at the old Sarawak State Assembly building here.
He said before being confirmed positive for COVID-19, the 72-year-old senior citizen had sought traditional treatment several times.
The victim was taken to a private hospital on July 9 which then referred him to the Sarawak General Hospital after he was suspected of being positive for COVID-19 before being pronounced dead on July 10, he added.