The Sarawak Disaster Management Committee (JBPN), in a statement today said a meeting held with the state Education Department made the decision following a risk assessment of the COVID-19 situation in the state.
The decision also took into account the Guidelines for School Management and Operations Under the New Norm 2.0, issued by the Ministry of Education (MOE).
“However, a total of 220 primary schools in high-risk areas will remain closed until March 14,” the statement said.
MOE had previously announced that 814 primary schools as well as government-aided schools in Sarawak would resume their face-to-face classes from March 1.
Meanwhile, JBPN said 250 new COVID-19 cases were recorded in Sarawak today, bringing the total number of positive cases in the state to 10,674.
On the National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme, it said a total of 11,659 individuals in Sarawak have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, as of yesterday.